The 1st international scientific conference “Quality of Health Care and Social Welfare – EDUCATION AND PRACTICE” of the P. Stradins Medical College of the University of Latvia
Promoting cross-sectoral cooperation in the exchange of academic and professional experience.
Specialists in the health and social welfare sector, partners of P. Stradins Medical College of the University of Latvia, social partners, academic staff and students from Latvia and universities of the cooperation in Europe.
CONFERENCE, 1st DAY
Health care and social welfare industry reference reports and poster presentations on research and results.
CONFERENCE, 2nd DAY
The program and work of the second day of the conference for health care participants were organized in five sections:
1. section – Application of modern technologies for radiology.
2. section – Care of post traumatic nail changes in practice of podology. Aspects of labor safety and ergonomics in podology practice.
3. section – Clinic and evidence based practice. Oncology.
4. section – Communication in groups of patients with visual and hearing disabilities.
5. section – Discussion on the recent developments and simulation in the area of social welfare workers.
Social welfare workers participated in simulations, practicing care models and aids, getting acquainted with a car specially equipped for home care, visiting the multifunctional Snozelen room in the college, and watching demonstrations of guide dogs and canine therapy.
VENUE TIME AND PLACE
12.05.2016., Majori Cultural Centre, Jomas street 35, Jūrmala, Latvia
13.05.2016., P. Stradins Medical College of the University, Vidus prospekts 38, Jūrmala, Latvia
Latvian and English