Par projektu/ About
Approaching Multiethnicity and Dementia in Education and Work
01.11.2019. – 31.10.2021.
The overall objective of project is to contribute to the improvement of competences among teachers and trainers, who are educating and training basic care staff and to the improvement of competences among professional caregivers with regard to multi-ethnicity/multi-culturality and dementia.
Another objective is to strengthen in general the cooperation between care work and care education, build new links and establish new permanent for a.
During the project innovative e-learning tool for supporting and ensuring the development of the required medication competence of nurse graduates will be developed in Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian language. The tool will be interoperable – so that other countries can also integrate it into its teaching process in the future.
MAIN TARGET GROUPS ARE:
a) Teachers, trainers and educators teaching within care educations
b) Students at care educations
d) Care organization leaders where employees and/or patients/residents/older people are of different ethnic backgrounds.
- Workshops in each partner country with representatives from working place and education on practices related to the challenges of multi-ethnicity and multi-culturality in care in general and with a special view to the field of dementia.
- Development of a training program/training course/training material based on the results of IO 1 and development of a Teachers’/trainers’ guide.
- Development of a reflection tool for caregivers.
- Piloting of the training program and the reflection tool.
- Production of a video raising the awareness on, the understanding of and the interest in the challenge of multi-ethnicity in the care sector and specifically the challenges related to people suffering from dementia and having different ethnic backgrounds.
- SOSU Ostjylland, Aarhus, Denmark
- Aarhus Kommune – Sundhed og Omsorg, Aahus, Denmark
- Arbeitswohlfahrt Landesverband Schleswig-Holstein e.V., Kiel, Germany
- Haus am Klostergarten, Preetz, Germany
- Giovani Valdarno Società cooperative sociale, Montevarchi (Arezzo), Italy
- ASP Martelli, Figline Valdarno, Italy
- P. Stradins Medical College of the University of Latvia, Jurmala, Latvia
- Ozolnieku novada pašvaldības SAC Zemgale, Ozolnieki, Latvia
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT WITH THE PROJECT LEADER
Ms Bodil Mygind Madsen
Project number 2019-1-DK01-KA202-060294 total budget is 214 918,00 EUR. The project is co- funded by the European Union Erasmus+ program under action KA202 – Strategic Partnerships for vocational education and training.
Project coordinator in Latvia
Mrs Dace Erkena